Extra Sweet Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
The perfect cookie for fall.
Serves 36 |
| For Cookies: |
|1/2 teaspoon salt |
|2 eggs |
|1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar |
|1 cup sugar |
|1 stick butter |
|1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice |
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract |
|1/2 cup pumpkin puree |
|1/2 cup powdered sugar |
|4 cups flour |
|1/2 cup vegetable oil |
|1/4 teaspoon baking soda |
| For Glaze: |
|4 tablespoons water |
|1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice |
|3 cups powdered sugar |
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, and vegetable oil. Mix together well, until smooth.
- Add salt, cream of tartar, pumpkin pie spice, flour and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon dough onto baking sheet. Press down with bottom of glass.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- As cookies are cooling. Combine water, pumpkin pie spice and powdered sugar for glaze.
- Spread glaze on top of cookies and let harden for 2 hours before serving.