Upside Down Plum Cake
Delicately sweet and easy to make.
Serves 8 |
|8 plums, (coarsely chopped) |
|1/4 teaspoon almond extract |
|2 eggs |
|1 1/2 sticks butter |
|1 1/2 cups flour |
|1/4 teaspoon salt |
|1/2 cup milk |
|2 teaspoons baking powder |
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract |
|3/4 cup brown sugar |
|3/4 cup sugar |
|1 tablespoon honey |
|1/4 teaspoon cardamom |
| Cooking spray |
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a medium cake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine half of each in a skillet: butter, brown sugar, sugar and honey. Melt and mix together on medium heat.
- Pour mixture into greased cake pan. Arrange chopped plums in bottom of pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine salt, baking powder and cardamom. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip together remaining sugars and butter. Mix until creamy. Add almond extract, eggs and vanilla extract to creamy butter mixture. Whip together until light and fluffy.
- Pour in 1/3 of the flour mixture, mix until well blended. Add milk and remaining flour slowly. Mix together until combined.
- Pour batter over plums. Place cake pan in oven and bake for 1 hour. (Should be golden brown)
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.