Simple Strawberry Shortcake
Treat that special someone to this sweet treat.
Serves 8 |
|6 cup sliced strawberries |
|1/2 cup sugar |
|2 cup flour |
|2 teaspoon baking powder |
|1 stick butter |
|1 beaten egg |
|2/3 cup milk |
| Whipped Cream |
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Stir together berries and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Set aside.
- Stir together remaining sugar, flour, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg and milk in a separate bowl. Add the dry mix to the bowl and stir gently.
- Spread batter into a medium greased round baking pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Split into 2 layers. Spoon the fruit and whipped cream between layers and over top. Serve immediately.