Gluten Free Paleo Moroccan Spiced Chicken Noodle Soup
Creamy, delicious and surprisingly easy to prepare.
Serves 4 |
|2 yellow squashes, (made into noodles) |
|2 cups diced tomatoes |
|1 cup sweet potato puree |
| Salt, (to taste) |
|1 tablespoon coconut oil |
|3 cups coconut milk |
|2 cups roasted chicken |
|4 teaspoon Moroccan spice blend |
| Red pepper flakes, (to taste) |
|2 cups sliced mini sweet peppers |
|1 onion, (sliced) |
|3 cups chicken stock |
- Pour coconut oil into a Dutch oven. Bring to low-medium heat. Once hot, add diced mini peppers and onion. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. (Vegetables should be softened)
- Sprinkle Moroccan spice into Dutch oven. Stir together, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk, chicken stock and tomatoes into Dutch oven and stir together. Replace lid and increase heat to medium and let simmer. (Do not let boil)
- After simmering, reduce heat to low and season soup with red pepper flakes and salt. Stir in sweet potato puree. Bring back to medium heat, cover and bring to a simmer.
- After simmering, add squash noodles and roasted chicken to Dutch oven. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon soup into serving bowls and enjoy.