Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Bringing the classic comfort food to a new level.
Serves 4 |
|8 pieces cut up chicken |
|2 cups buttermilk |
|3 cups flour |
|4 eggs |
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste |
|2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, more to taste |
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper |
| Cooking oil, for frying |
- Pour oil into a large skillet, bring to medium-high heat.
- Combine ground black pepper, flour, cayenne and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and eggs in a separate bowl, whisk until well blended.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper mixture, then dredge in flour mix.
- Dip floured chicken in buttermilk mix then dredge in flour mix.
- Place chicken in the skillet one at a time. Cook for 2 minutes per side. Repeat until all chicken breasts are cooked.
- Lay chicken on paper towels and drain.
Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'db_chief'@'localhost' to database 'dwgreen_cms' in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 14
Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 15
Database selection failed [dwgreen_cms]: