Philly Steak Sandwiches
The easiest way to enjoy this East Coast favorite.
Serves 4 |
|3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil |
|2 yellow onions, sliced |
|1 1/2 lb thin sliced sandwich steak |
|1 teaspoon garlic salt |
| Salt, to taste |
| Freshly ground black pepper, to taste |
|8 slices provolone cheese |
|4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise |
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan.
- Add onions and season with salt and pepper or steak seasoning blend.
- Heat a heavy griddle pan over medium high to high heat.
- Wipe griddle with a drizzle of oil using a paper towel.
- Sear and cook thin sliced steaks until brown but not crisp, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook steaks in single layers in 2 batches and tenderize by cutting into meat with the side of your spatula while they cook.
- When the steaks are browned, just before you remove them from heat, sprinkle them with garlic salt and pepper.
- When all of the steaks are cooked, line each of your split rolls with 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Pile 1/4 of your meat and onions on to the griddle and mix together with your spatula.
- Pile the meat and onions into rolls on top of the cheese.
- The heat from the meat and onions will melt the cheese. Repeat for remaining servings and serve.
Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'db_chief'@'localhost' to database 'dwgreen_cms' in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 14
Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 15
Database selection failed [dwgreen_cms]: