Italian Sausage Soup
A hearty and yummy dinner for the whole family.
Serves 6 |
|1 lb Italian sausage |
|1 clove garlic, minced |
|2 cans beef broth, 14 oz |
|1 can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, 14.5 oz |
|1 cup sliced carrots |
|1 can great Northern beans, undrained, 14.5 oz |
|2 zucchini, cubed |
|2 cups spinach, packed, rinsed and torn |
|1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper |
|1/4 teaspoon salt |
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown the sausage with the garlic.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in the beans with their liquid and the zucchini.
- Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Remove from the heat, and add the spinach.
- Replace the lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves.
Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'db_chief'@'localhost' to database 'dwgreen_cms' in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 14
Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 15
Database selection failed [dwgreen_cms]: