Cantaloupe and Avocado Salad
A fruity and creamy side salad.
Serves 4 |
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice |
|1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons |
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro |
|1/2 teaspoon coarse salt |
|3 lb melon, cantaloupe or MAG, quartered and seeded |
|1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled |
|1/2 red onion, peeled, sliced thinly |
- To make dressing, in a medium bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and salt; set aside.
- Cut each cantaloupe quarter in half lengthwise. Peel and discard skins. Slice each wedge lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cut each avocado half again lengthwise and then into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place cantaloupe, avocado and sliced red onion into the bowl with dressing; gently toss to coat.
- Divide among four plates and serve.
Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'db_chief'@'localhost' to database 'dwgreen_cms' in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 14
Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 15
Database selection failed [dwgreen_cms]: