Southwestern Beef Tacos
These tacos are simple, flavorful and fun to eat.
Serves 12 |
|1 tablespoon corn oil |
|1/2 cup chopped onion |
|1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper |
|3 cloves garlic, chopped |
|1 tablespoon ground cumin, plus 1 teaspoon |
|1 lb ground beef |
|1/2 cup tomato sauce |
|1/4 cup raisins |
|1/4 cup pecan pieces |
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro |
|12 taco shells |
| Shredded lettuce, for topping |
| Grated cheddar cheese, for topping |
| Chopped fresh tomatoes, for topping |
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and stir 1 minute. Add beef and cook until brown, breaking up beef with back of fork, about 10 minutes. Spoon off any fat from pan.
- Add tomato sauce, raisins and pecans and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Mix in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling into each taco shell.
- Top tacos with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes.
Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'db_chief'@'localhost' to database 'dwgreen_cms' in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 14
Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 15
Database selection failed [dwgreen_cms]: