Lemon Shrimp Stir-fry with Broccoli and Peas
A fabulous seafood and Asian fusion.
Serves 4 |
|4 tablespoons butter |
|4 scallions, white and green parts separated, sliced thin |
|1 tablespoon lemon zest |
|1/2 cup water |
|6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice |
|1 lb broccoli, halved |
|1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and patted dry |
|10 oz frozen green peas |
| Salt, to taste |
| Pepper, to taste |
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Add white parts along with lemon zest, broccoli and water.
- Toss, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shrimp and peas.
- Cover and cook until peas are thawed, shrimp is pink and opaque, and broccoli is bright green, but still crisp.
- Add lemon juice, green part of scallions and the rest of the butter. Toss and serve.