Ginger Lemon Cookies
A zingy cookie that's unlike any other treat.
Serves 36 |
|1 stick unsalted butter |
|3/4 cup sugar |
|1 egg |
|1 tablespoon grated lemon zest |
|1 1/3 cups flour |
|1/2 teaspoons ground ginger |
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda |
|1/4 teaspoon salt |
|1/4 cup crystallized ginger, cut into 1/8-inch dice |
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl twice. Add egg and mix on high speed to combine. Add zest and mix to combine.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, ground ginger, baking soda, salt, and crystallized ginger, and add it to butter mixture. Mix on medium-low speed to combine, about 20 seconds.
- Using 2 spoons, drop about 2 teaspoons of batter on the prepared baking sheets. Repeat until no dough remains, spacing each cookie 2 inches apart.
- Place baking sheets in oven and bake for 7 minutes.