Slow Roasted Pork Butt
Simple yet oh so satisfying.
Serves 8 |
|4 lb pork shoulder butt roast |
|1/3 Worcestershire Sauce |
|3/4 cup light brown sugar |
|1 1/4 cups apple juice |
|1/2 teaspoon salt |
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper |
- Place the roast in a casserole dish with a lid. Pour Worcestershire sauce over roast. Let sit for 90 minutes.
- Press brown sugar into the roast on all sides.
- Pour the apple juice into the bottom of the casserole dish. Place lid over top.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place the roast in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 200° F.
- Roast for about 4 hours, or until the meat is very tender.
- Stir the salt and black pepper into the liquids on the bottom of casserole dish. Ladle liquid over roast. Let roast sit for 10 minutes before serving.