Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Gingersnap Crust
A fun and festive Fall dessert.
Serves 12 |
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts |
|1/2 cup powdered sugar |
|1 package gingersnap cookies |
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted |
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon |
|1/4 teaspoon ground ginger |
|3 tablespoons dark rum |
|3/4 cup pumpkin puree |
|2 eggs |
|1/2 teaspoon salt |
|1 3/4 lb cream cheese |
|1 cup sugar |
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract |
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Finely grind walnuts, powered sugar and gingersnaps in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until evenly mixed.
- Pour cake crust into a spring form pan. Press into the bottom and up the sides.
- Clean out the food processor bowl. Pour cinnamon, ginger, rum, pumpkin puree, eggs, salt, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract into the bowl. Puree ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon into spring form pan. Place in oven and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 4 hours.