Roasted Turkey with Herbs
The perfect main dish for family feasts.
Serves 10 |
|14 lb turkey |
|1 stick butter |
|2 teaspoons salt |
|2 teaspoons black pepper |
|2 tablespoons dried rosemary |
|2 tablespoons dried sage |
|2 tablespoons dried thyme |
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Rinse the inside and outside of turkey, patting it dry with paper towels. Sprinkle salt and pepper over skin. Using kitchen twine, tie drumsticks together tightly.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, rosemary, sage, and thyme. Mix together well.
- Gently loosen skin covering turkey breast, taking care not to tear skin. Spread herb mixture underneath skin and on top.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan. Roast turkey for 4-5 hours, basting every 30 minutes with pan juices.
- Place turkey on a cutting board and let stand for 25 minutes. Discard twine. Carve turkey and serve immediately.