Pecan Butter Cookies
The perfect amount of sweet and nutty.
Serves 36 |
|1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces |
|1/2 cup sugar |
|1 stick unsalted butter |
|1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract |
|1 teaspoon grated orange peel |
|1 egg yolk |
|1 1/4 cups flour |
|3/4 teaspoon baking powder |
|1/4 teaspoon salt |
- Place pecans and sugar in a blender, pulse until pecans are finely ground.
- Place butter and pecan-sugar mixture in a mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to cream together until butter is fluffy. Add vanilla, orange peel and egg yolk and beat together on low speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Gather the dough into a ball, flatten it into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough until thin and flat. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Transfer cookies to a cookie sheet. Gather up scraps, reroll the dough and cut out cookies in same manner until you have 36 cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, cookies should be golden. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.