Spiced Indian Pudding
Richly sweet with notes of warm spices.
Serves 6 |
|1 1/4 cups molasses |
|1 egg, lightly beaten |
|3 tablespoon butter, more for greasing baking dish |
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon |
|3 cups milk |
|3/4 cup cornmeal |
|1 teaspoon ground ginger |
|1/4 cup flour |
|1 teaspoon salt |
|2 cups hot water |
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cover inside of baking dish with butter.
- Pour hot water and 2 cups milk into a pot. Bring contents to a boil. Once boiling, add cornmeal and whisk. Reduce heat to medium and cook 12-14 minutes, continually whisk. Remove from heat, add 3 tablespoons butter and whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine salt, cinnamon, egg, flour and ginger. Whisk ingredients together.
- Pour molasses mixture into cornmeal mixture and whisk. After thoroughly mixed, pour mixture into buttered baking dish. Pour in remaining milk and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.