Baked Apples with Ice Cream
A fantastic blend of sweet and creamy.
Serves 8 |
|8 Gala apples, rinsed and dried |
|4 tablespoons unsalted butter |
|1/2 cup candied pecans, chopped |
|1/3 cup light brown sugar |
| butter pecan ice cream |
- Remove the cores from the apples and discard.
- Place the cored apples in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and combine with nuts and sugar in a small bowl.
- Divide the mixture among the apples, filling in the space left behind by the core.
- Bake the apples until tender, approximately 25 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of butter pecan ice cream.