Coconut Beer Battered Shrimp
Restaurant quality fried shrimp at home.
Serves 24 |
|24 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined |
|2/3 cup beer, your preference |
|2 cups coconut flakes |
|3/4 cup flour, separated into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup |
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder |
|1 egg |
|3 cups cooking oil |
- Whisk together beer, 1/2 cup flour, baking powder and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together 1/4 cup flour and coconut flakes in a separate bowl.
- Individually dip shrimp into the coconut-flour mix. Shake off excess and dip into the beer-egg mix. Let the excess drip off and dip back into the coconut-flour mix. Place shrimp on a plate. Repeat process with remaining shrimp.
- Pour cooking oil into a deep skillet. Bring to medium-high heat. Once hot and bubbling, place shrimp in skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes, until shrimp is golden brown. Place cooked shrimp on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve shrimp with a dipping sauce and enjoy!