Crockpot Chuck Roast
Waiting to eat this pot roast will be the hardest part.
Serves 4-6 |
|1 teaspoon salt |
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper |
|1 chuck roast, 3 1/2 lb., trimmed |
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil |
|1 package baby carrots, 1 lb. |
|1 cup chopped celery |
|1 can petite diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz. |
|5 cloves garlic, chopped |
|1 cup beef broth |
|1/2 cup dry red wine |
|1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram |
|1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves |
- Spread 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper all over roast.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place roast in Dutch oven and brown on all sides.
- Set roast in a 6-qt. crockpot. Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, garlic, beef broth, red wine, marjoram and thyme. Cover crockpot and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables; shred meat.
- Pour gravy from crockpot into a 4-cup measuring cup and let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon and discard fat from crockpot gravy. Serve gravy with shredded roast and vegetables.
Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'db_chief'@'localhost' to database 'dwgreen_cms' in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 14
Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 15
Database selection failed [dwgreen_cms]: