Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream With A Kick
There’s nothing better than a sweet ice cream for dessert. Why not kick it up a notch with mildly spicy guajillo?
Serves 1 quart |
|3 cups half and half |
|3/4 cup sugar |
|1 tablespoon brown sugar |
|8 oz strawberries, (hulled and cut in half) |
|1/4 teaspoon kosher salt |
|1 teaspoon guajillo chile powder |
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract |
|2 teaspoons lime juice |
|1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon |
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, half and half, salt, vanilla extract and lime juice. Mix together well.
- Place vanilla mixture into freezer, leave in until extra firm.
- While vanilla ice cream is freezing, place strawberries in a mixing bowl. Pour cinnamon, guajillo chile powder and brown sugar on top and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Once strawberries are juicy, mash to a pulp.
- Pour in strawberries and mix together until evenly distributed.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!
Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'db_chief'@'localhost' to database 'dwgreen_cms' in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 14
Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /var/www/vhosts/lafiestamarkets.com/httpdocs/recipes/_DBConnect.class.php on line 15
Database selection failed [dwgreen_cms]: