Delicious Homemade Popcorn Balls
An old time treat that’s super easy to make and completely sharable!
Serves 12 |
|4 tablespoons butter |
|1/2 cup sugar |
|1 cup candy corn |
|6 oz mini marshmallows |
|1/4 cup peanut oil |
|6 tablespoons popcorn kernels |
| Cooking spray |
- Pour oil into a medium saucepan, turn heat to medium-high. Pour in the popcorn kernels, coating all the kernels with a good shake of the pan.
- While the oil is heating, as it sizzles, pour in the sugar, shake the pan a few times. Once the first few kernels begin to pop, cover with lid. Keep one hand on the lid, shake the pan with the other, ensuring the kernels are popping and not burning the popcorn.
- Once the popping has begun to slow, remove from heat and pour the popcorn onto parchment paper. Allow the popcorn to cool a little.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter on low heat. Add in the marshmallows once butter is melted. Melt the marshmallows, stirring continually.
- Add the popcorn to the pot, stir quickly to coat evenly. Once popcorn is coated, pour in candy corn and stir until evenly mixed.
- Spray your hands with cooking spray and work the popcorn into balls, a little smaller than a baseball. Set each ball aside to cool and set.