Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Pie
The creamy pumpkin pie center is a brilliant contrast to the crunchy pecan.
Serves 8 |
|3/4 cup milk |
|15 oz pumpkin puree |
|1 1/2 cup flour |
|3/4 cup brown sugar |
|1 tablespoon ice water |
|2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice |
|1/3 cup pecans |
|3 eggs |
|3/4 teaspoon sea salt |
|6 tablespoons butter, (unsalted, cut into small chunks) |
- Finely grind pecans in food processor. Pour ground pecans into a mixing bowl, add in 1/4 teaspoon salt, butter and flour. Stir together until contents resembles jagged crumbs.
- Slowly pour in ice water, the ingredients should just begin to form dough. Once doughy, lightly flatten out, place onto large plate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, roll out into 13 inch circle. Place into pie pan, fold edges over and crimp. Place back in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place pie pan in oven, bake 20-25 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven to 350° F.
- Combine, eggs and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until mixed well. Pour in milk, remaining salt, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Whisk again, contents should be well mixed.
- Pour pie mix into the pie pan. Place in oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Let the pie cool for at least 1 hour before serving.