Gluten-Free Crispy Fried Chicken
A gluten free option for the fried chicken lover in all of us.
Serves 4 |
|3/4 teaspoon paprika |
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt |
| Vegetable oil |
|1/2 teaspoon onion powder |
|4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless |
|1/4 teaspoon pepper |
|1/3 cup gluten free flour |
|1 tablespoon water |
|1 egg, lightly beaten |
|1/3 cup yellow corn meal |
- Rinse and clean chicken breasts, pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine onion powder, corn meal, pepper, paprika, salt and flour in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine water and egg.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture then corn meal mixture. Coating each chicken breast evenly.
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet. Pour enough oil to fill 1/4 of the skillet. Turn heat to medium.
- Place breaded chicken into skillet, fry each side 5-8 minutes, until browned. Place fried chicken on paper towels to drain. Serve while hot.