Hatch Chile and Sweet Potato Veggie Frittata
Not only is it healthy, it’s delicious too!
Serves 4 |
|4 hatch chiles, roasted and chopped |
|1 cup spinach |
|1 sweet potato, peeled and diced |
|5 eggs |
| Milk, for eggs |
| Salt, to taste |
| Pepper, to taste |
|1 cup sliced mushrooms |
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese |
| Olive oil, for skillet |
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil into a skillet. Bring skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add sweet potatoes. Cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes. Stirring occasionally. (Sweet potatoes should be tender)
- As sweet potatoes are cooking, whisk together milk and eggs in a small bowl. Set bowl aside.
- Add mushrooms to sweet potatoes. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach and chiles to skillet. Pour egg mixture over top. Coat chiles, spinach, sweet potatoes and mushrooms evenly by tilting skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes. (Eggs should just beginning to set) Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and remove from skillet to serve.