Hatch Chile Guacamole
This isn’t your everyday chip dip, it’s better!
Serves 6 |
|4 hatch chiles |
|2 tablespoons chopped red onion |
|1 tablespoon lime juice |
|3 avocados, pitted and skin removed |
|1/4 teaspoon ground cumin |
|2 tablespoons chopped cilantro |
|1/2 teaspoon salt |
- Turn broiler on in your oven. Place oven rack 6-inches from the top. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange hatch chiles on the baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven and broil for 5-6 minutes. (Chiles should be blacked)
- Transfer chiles to a resealable bag. Seal bag and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove chiles from the bag and carefully remove the skins and seeds. Chop chiles up after skin is removed.
- Mash avocado in a mixing bowl. Add red onion, lime juice, cumin, cilantro, salt and chopped chiles to avocado mash. Mix together very well. Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve with chips and enjoy.